Blog

Annual Gas Safety Check in London – Get Quality and Economic Services

According to the law, the Home Group must inspect gas appliances in your home every year. We perform this as part of our service for you. Call 020 3239 0374 if you have not had gas service in the past year.Annual gas safety check for The engineers of our contractors who perform this work are registered in the Gas Safe Check (formally known as CORGI). During the service we check all smoke pipes, chimneys, appliances and gas pipes in your house.

  • Home Group logo
  • Buy a house
  • Pay your rent
  • Report a repair

The engineer gives you a copy of the owner’s gas safety certificate as proof that the work has been carried out. You must keep this in a safe place and we will contact you when your next service expires.

Importance of Gas Safety Check

It is essential that you check your gas boiler every year; It takes a few minutes to make an appointment and can save your life. Carbon monoxide can be produced without your boiler or gas fire reception service. Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas safety certificate that cannot be seen, is odorless and can kill a person in minutes. What are the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning?

The symptoms of mild carbon monoxide poisoning can be non-specific and similar to those of viral colds and flu infections or food poisoning: headache, nausea, abdominal pain, dizziness, sore throat and dry cough. But unlike the flu infection, carbon monoxide poisoning does not cause high temperature.

In children, the symptoms are similar to those of stomach upset, nausea and vomiting. More severe poisoning can lead to rapid and irregular heartbeat, hyperventilation, and confusion, drowsiness and breathing problems. Epileptic seizures and loss of consciousness can also occur.

Some symptoms may occur a few days or even months after exposure to carbon monoxide. These can include confusion, memory loss and coordination problems.

  • More information about carbon monoxide detection
  • What to do if you suspect someone has carbon monoxide poisoning
  • Bring them out into the fresh air
  • Call 999 for an ambulance and tell them there is suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
  • Turn off the gas in the meter
  • Do NOT enter the building until a professional has checked the boiler.

In an emergency

If you smell gas, contact the National Gas Emergency Center immediately on 0800 111 999; and

  • Close the gas supply immediately.
  • Extinguish all sources of ignition.
  • Do not smoke
  • Do not use power switches
  • Open doors and windows
  • Evacuate ownership
  • Seek medical help
    Click here for more information about Gas Safety Check

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *