If you are an owner who owns real estate in London, according to the Gas Safety Certificate Regulations (installation and use) of 1998, it is your responsibility to obtain a gas safety certificate every twelve months.
London Property Inspections is perfectly positioned to inspect your property and issues certificates quickly so that you can stay in compliance. Our engineers are fully qualified and respected in the area. Our overhead gas safety certificate cost are low and we pass on those savings to our customers. We even offer the same day service if you contact us.
Reserve your gas safety check now
- It is verified that your gas appliances and pipes do not leak gas.
- Foot and working pressure are tested.
- We check the burner pressure and the gas flow with the manufacturer’s data plate.
- Verification will be made to provide all necessary ventilation.
- Appliances with open chimney must be checked to ensure that combustion products are removed.
- Devices with a flame failure are checked for correct operation.
- Investigations will be reported for any evidence of unsafe operation.
TIPS to Get Gas Safety Certificate
From a legal point of view, you only need to perform a gas safety check every 12 months, but it is also a good idea to gas safety check the equipment between tenants. You then ensure that your devices are in optimum condition before your new tenants move.
You must keep copies of all documentation. You must maintain the safety inspection for two years and provide a copy to all your tenants within 28 days of the inspection. If your tenants change, they need a copy of the gas safety certificate before they move. If your contract states that the agent is responsible, then they meet the gas safety regulations (installation and use) of 1998.
Installing a carbon monoxide (CO) alarm is highly recommended, not only by us, but also by HSE. It is the best way to ensure that your renters are safe from the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning. But an alarm may never replace regular maintenance and safety check.
Click here for more information about Gas Safety Certificate Cost