Electrical safety Certificates for landlords rules are aimed at ensuring reliable, safe and rational operation of electrical installations and their maintenance in good condition. Electrical installations must be operated by trained personnel with an appropriate access group for working with electrical installations.
Types of Electrical Safety Certificates in UK
1. Electrical personnel enterprises is divided into:
Administrative and technical
2. London Property Inspections
London Property Inspections, serving you in London for last 10 years as simple and as well as complex energy – saturated production and technological equipment, which requires constant maintenance and adjustment of electrical equipment, electric drives, etc.
3. Non-electrical personnel
London Property Inspections personnel of organizations are required to pass a knowledge test on electrical safety and have an appropriate access group. Non-electrical personnel, in whose work there is a danger of electric shock (this category primarily includes office workers whose workplaces are equipped with computers and office equipment), must receive timely briefings and have the first group on electrical safety.
Electrical Safety Approval Groups
Electrical safety approval is the ability to work independently with electrical installations (maintenance, repair, inspection, testing). Depending on the admission group, the specialist has the right to perform one or another amount of work. Electrical safety groups are assigned sequentially. The specialist first undergoes training in the course “Electrical Safety” in the amount of 72 hours and is certified for group 2, then, depending on work experience and education, after 3-6 months it is possible to undergo an extraordinary test of knowledge, having received group 3, and so on.
- Group I of tolerance is assigned to non-electrical personnel, in whose work there may be a danger of electric shock (this category primarily includes office workers whose workstations are equipped with a computer and office equipment). The assignment of the first group on UK Landlord electrical safety certificate is carried out through a briefing followed by an entry in the Journal of Accounting for Testing of Knowledge on Electrical Safety (Journal). Electrical workers with a group of at least 3 are entitled to conduct briefing. The assignment of group I for electrical safety certificate is carried out with a frequency of at least 1 time per year. Thus, all office workers must have the 1st group on electrical safety.
- Group II on electrical safety certificate is assigned to non-electrical personnel servicing installations and electrical equipment with voltages up to 1000 V.
- Group III is assigned to electrical personnel. It gives the right to self-service, inspect, connect and disconnect electrical installations from a voltage network up to, up to and above 1000 V, as well as conduct electrical safety briefings.
- Group IV is assigned to electrical personnel. Persons with a qualification group not lower than the fourth have the right to service electrical installations with voltages up to, up to and above 1000 V.
- Group V is assigned to those responsible for the electrical industry, and to other engineering and technical personnel in installations with voltages above 1000 V. Persons with the fifth tolerance group have the right to give orders and supervise work in electrical installations with voltages up to 1000 V and above. To obtain the V group requires at least 5 years of experience.
For labor protection specialists, the IV group is immediately assigned with the right to inspect electrical installations.
Certification procedure for electrical safety
Testing of knowledge on electrical safety pass:
- in the territorial certification commissions of the Federal Service for Ecological, Technological and Nuclear Supervision (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting )
- in commissions of training centers with the participation of the inspector of (NICEIC) (only employees of organizations of consumers of electricity)
- in the internal certification commission of the enterprise.
- Knowledge testing is preceded by training in the course “Electrical Safety” in the training center.
- Requirements for the creation of an internal commission on electrical safety:
- Number of members of the commission – at least 5 people
- the chairman of the commission should have a fifth group on electrical safety – when working with electrical installations with voltage up to and above 1000 V and a fourth group – when working with electrical installations with voltage up to 1000 V.
All members of the commission must have an electrical safety group and pass a knowledge test in the commission of (NICEIC). It is allowed to check the knowledge of individual members of the commission on the spot, provided that the chairman and at least two members of the commission have passed the knowledge test in the commission of state energy supervision bodies.
Documents issued on the basis of certification on electrical safety
EE consumer organizations are issued:
- an entry is made in the Journal
Electricity organizations issued
- Protocol of knowledge testing issued by National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting
Electrical Safety Knowledge Test Frequency
For electrical personnel performing the organization and conduct of maintenance of existing electrical installations, their repair, commissioning or preventive testing, as well as for personnel authorized to issue orders, orders, and conduct operational negotiations – once a year.
For administrative and technical personnel not belonging to the previous group, as well as for labor protection specialists – once every 3 years .
Extraordinary certification of electrical safety
An extraordinary test of knowledge of UK Landlord electrical safety certificate is carried out in the following cases:
- when new rules and regulations are enforced
- when appointing or transferring to another job
- at the request of state oversight bodies
- at the conclusion of commissions investigating accidents with people or disruptions in the operation of an energy facility
- while raising knowledge to a higher group
- during a break in work in this position for more than 6 months
The group is lost if the specialist has delayed the next certification for a period of more than 3 years.
For detailed information on the conditions of certification for electrical safety, please contact the managers in a way convenient for you.
Click Here for more information about London Property Inspections